退伍军人 Education Benefit Programs
The University, in cooperation with the U.S.. Department of 退伍军人事务部, participates in a variety of educational benefit programs for veterans, active service members and their families. To determine your 好处 eligibility, contact the U.S. Department of 退伍军人事务部 at www.gibill.va.政府 or call the 退伍军人事务部 Call Center, GI Bill® Hotline 888-442-4551.
The Post 9/11 GI Bill®
The Post 9/11 GI Bill® provides financial support for education and housing to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the 后9/11退伍军人法案®.
The amount of support that an individual may qualify for depends on where they live and what type of degree they are pursuing. Approved training under the 后9/11退伍军人法案® includes graduate and undergraduate degrees, and vocational/technical training. 另外, tutorial assistance, and licensing and certification test reimbursement are approved under the Post- 9/11 GI Bill®.*
For more detailed information, go to the 后9/11退伍军人法案® 网站.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S.. Department of 退伍军人事务部 (VA). More information about education 好处 offered by VA is available at the official U.S.. 政府ernment Web site at www.好处.va.政府 / gibill.
Yellow Ribbon Program
The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program) is a provision of the Post-9/11 退伍军人 Educational Assistance Act of 2008. This program allows institutions of higher learning (degree granting institutions) in the United States to voluntarily enter into an agreement with VA to fund tuition and fee expenses that exceed the amount covered by the 后9/11退伍军人法案®. The institution can contribute up to 50% of those expenses and VA will match the same amount as the institution.
For more detailed information, go to the Yellow Ribbon Program web page.
University of Evansville's Yellow Ribbon Program
- Free tuition: tuition and fees covered while using 后9/11退伍军人法案® for any qualified veteran who has served 36 months active duty since September 11, 2001.
- Benefits are transferable to dependents eligible for Transfer Entitlement under the Post 9/11 GI Bill®.
- 退伍军人 must apply and be approved for 好处 through the U.S.. Department of 退伍军人事务部 prior to enrollment at 十大网赌靠谱网址平台.
Comprehensive List of 退伍军人 Education Benefit Programs
- 后9/11退伍军人法案® (33)章
- Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty (MGIB-AD, MGIB, or Chapter 30)
- Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR or Chapter 1606)
- Post-Vietnam Era 退伍军人' Educational Assistance Program (VEAP or Chapter 32)
- National Call to Service (NCS)
- Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance (DEA or Chapter 35)
- 退伍军人 Readiness and Employment (Chapter 31)
* 信息 taken from the U.S.. Department of 退伍军人事务部 webpage
If you have questions about your veterans education 好处 at 十大网赌靠谱网址平台, please contact:
退伍军人 Education Benefit Coordinator
Olmsted Hall, Room 105
Phone: 812-488-2364 or 800-424-8634